Saturday, April 12, 2014

Frugal Finds: Now You See Me...Now You Don't

This month I gave the ladies the challenge using anything their hearts desire,  BUT the trick was to hide it, mask, it, transform it! I think you'll all be surprised just what you can do with some of these things...


Now you see me:

 Now you don't:
Practical Scrapper Lanette used everyday plastic shopping bags to create the truffula trees on her canvas. If you would like to see how she did it hop on over to her blog to see the details.



Practical Scrapper Laura used a magnet board display saved from heading to the trash at a local store and also some mini flair buttons that were sitting around to create a little "now you see me, now you don't" magic, to make this magnet board set.  Details on her blog.

Now you see me...
Now you see me...

Now you don't...
Untitled

Practical Scrapper Heather Sweet used the oh, so popular technique:  melting perler beads in the oven to make her own "enamel dots."  So many "enamel" dots in so many colors!  She used these to embellish some journaling cards she made for a friend's baby album.


Now you see me...

Now you don't....

Practical Scrapper Kerri altered this wok that she burnt her dinner in... so instead of throwing it away she repurposed it for a gift for a friend who loves snowmen all year round (Sorry about the bad picture- forgot to take a better one before I gave it to the friend).

2 comments:

craftykellyj said...

Wow such amazing transformations! Great job girls!!

Chocoscrapaholic said...

Love these!