Thursday, December 12, 2013

Holiday Snowman Topiary Tree

Hello Practical Scrapper Fans!  Practical Scrapper Kerri here today to share with you one of her holiday projects.  I do a few craft show around the the holiday season and these were one of my new items this year...My snowmen topiary trees.  I am a frugal crafter and I don't like to spend a lot on my supplies, so there's nothing that excites me more than when I use something that was going to be thrown away. Here he is...


 photo 51859B9C-68D9-456E-9273-E50DDC30A412.jpg

The finished project stands about 18" tall and is about 6" wide. His base is pirouette cookies container that I recycled and covered with my favorite holiday paper line (Simple Stories -Handmade Holiday) then covered in three layers of Mod Podge to seal. His head is a stryofoam ball that I covered in joint compound then painted.  The hat, is an old mismatched tube sock that has been stained with a instant coffee, water, and elmer's glue mixture then baked in my oven at 250 degrees for about 20 minutes on parchment paper. The entire piece was sprayed with Spray adhesive the covered in Diamond Dust Twinklets. 

Supplies used:
Recycled pirouette cookies container (about 3" diameter by 6" tall)
an old mismatched sock
4" styrofoam ball
Joint compound
12"x 3/8" wooden dowel
Simple Stories Handmade Holiday paper
Mod Podge
Ribbon
Homespun fabric
Tag 
Distressed Ink ( Vintage Photo)
Copic Marker
Americana Acrylic Paints (Light Buttermilk, Burnt Orange, Brick Red, Lantern Black, Snowflake White)
Twine
Floral Scraps
Kraft crinkle paper for gift bags/baskets
Elmer's Spray Adhesive
Diamond Dust Twinklets
Coffee Tea Stain


No comments: