Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Christmas Tree Cards 4 ways!

Hi there! Practical Scrapper Patty here to share a collection of Christmas cards I created.  I was at my local Archiver's when I stumbled across a collection of papers from the Theresa Collins Spring Fling collection.  The first thing that came to mind was these would be perfect for Christmas cards.  Weird, Right?  But even in a spring collection, there can be great colors to work with for any season!  
Once I had the papers I knew I had to make several different cards from this collection.  I used a tree as my centerpiece for each one but created the look of each in a different way.  
This tree was created using strips of glittered swirl border and red eyelets as decorations on the tree.  The tree topper is a simple piece of green tulle tied with a piece of red satin ribbon.  

This tree was created with sequins.  I began with a row of 10 green and decreased by one each row above.  I added red, blue and purple sequins to look like ornaments.  The star at the top is a stick pin which I removed the pin from.  I layered loops of ribbon at the bottom to create the pretty bow with Christmas sentiments on it.  

This tree is simply cut from patterned paper and sequins were added as decorations.  I tied a piece of twine at the top and created a banner also by hand cutting from patterned paper.  The sentiment was printed on twill tape ribbon.  

Last but not least, This card is my Favorite!  The trees are super simple triangles with sequins and a star pin for toppers but what really makes this card stand out for me is the layers of snow created from layers of vellum. It gives it such a soft and whimsical look!  I used coordinating washi tape around the whole edge of the card to hold the vellum in place.  

Have fun creating your Christmas cards this year!  

No comments: